Congrats to the winners of the Peoples’ Choice awards at the artists’ reception for the 2018 Calendar Show. Thanks for everyone who participated and voted.
The winners are:
Fine Art: Into the Oak Brush, Oil by Michael Arterburn
Honorable Mentions: Ranch For Sale, Oil by Lorie Merfeld/Batson and On The Move, Watercolor by Curt Gillespie
Photography: Born to Run by Autumn Ginnetti
Honorable Mentions: Frosty Morning Near Hillside by Greg Smith and Beckwith Ranch Sunrise by Eve Nagode
New to Sangres Art Guild this year is a Fiber Arts Show! Local and regional talent can enter the show on June 25 and 26 for cash prizes based on People’s Choice voting. The show is open to all artists. Pieces representing fiber media of all types are welcome, including weaving, spinning, dyeing, basketry, sculpture, felting, quilting, papermaking, knitting, crocheting, and embroidery. An Ice Cream Social will accompany the show’s Artists’ Reception on July 1st.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2018 Calendar Show competition (in order of number of votes received):
- Lorie Merfeld-Batson, “Ranch For Sale”, Oil
- Sarah Woods, “Morning Mirror at Lower Sand Creek Lake”, Oil
- Curt Gillespie, “Mountain Sunrise”, Watercolor and Acrylic
- Barbara Rountree, “A Golden Morning”, Oil
- Marilyn Hennessy, “Christmas Day Blizzard”, Photograph
- Tony Pachak, “Up the Stream”, Oil
- Gerri Duke, “Trail in the Fog”, Photograph
- Cheryl Swartz, “Dark Sky Over The Bluff”, Gold & Silver Jewelry
- Autumn Ginnetti, “Born to Run”, Photograph
- Michael Arterburn, “Into the Oak Brush”, Oil
- Joan Hewitt, “Sangres Reflected”, Scratchboard and Colored Ink
- Eve Nagode, “Beckwith Ranch Sunrise”, Photograph
- Terri Wiebke, “Spread Eagle”, Oil
There were 61 entries from 31 participating artists. 20 artists and sponsors voted for the above winners, many of whom had comments such as “…it was so hard to pick the winners — so many nice works!”
The show will run from May 13 through June 25. Look for the show’s opening and artists’ reception on May 13. See you there!
The weather prediction is sunny with a high of 53 degrees March 4. So, we’re “on” for entry into the 2018 Calendar Art Competition. Entry is at 3rd Street Gallery from 10-2, with voting by attending artists and sponsors from 3-4. Refreshments will be served during voting. Your votes will choose the 13 winning entries for reproduction in the 2018 Calendar. See you there!