June 29th – July 29th
- July 1st – Fiber Art Show Reception & Ice Cream Social 4 to 6 pm
- Intake June 25 & 26
- Pick-up July 30 & 31
Reception & Ice Cream Social – July 1st
We try our best, but these criteria are subject to change at any time.
Open to all artists. Pieces representing fiber media of all types are welcome, including weaving, spinning, dyeing, basketry, sculpture, felting, quilting, papermaking, knitting, crocheting, and embroidery.
- Cash Awards
- Entry Drop off: June 25 & 26, 2017, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Art Show & Sale: June 29, – July 29,
- Artist’s Reception & Ice Cream Social Saturday, July 1st, 4-6 p.m.
- Pickup: July 30 & 31, 2017, 11-4 p.m.
- For further information, call or email Terri Wiebke; 719-783-4403 or Angela Arterburn; 719-783-2099
- Limit 3 pieces of artwork per artist
- All artwork must be original (no reproductions). The artist must own the copyright and have written permission to use all source materials.
- Please note, due to space, larger pieces may be displayed on quilt racks.
- Quilt Entry Rules: Any shape allowed. Quilt size limited to Crib sized Quilt (31 1/2 inches by 52 inches long.) Quilts must have sleeve for hanging. Sleeve must have a 4 inch opening. Sleeve must be unseen when hanging. All quilt layers must be secured with quilting or tying (no false backs). Mark type of quilt category on form (appliqué, pieced, mixed technique, and modern). Label must be attached to back of each item.
- Home Decor/3D: Any element used for Home Decor, Includes: wall hanging (1), pillow (1), sofa throw (1), rug (1), Table Cloth, Placemats (1), Table Runner, Basketry (1) or other elements used for Decor. Label must be attached to back of each item.
- Clothing Entry Rules: Any size allowed. Separate matching parts (ex. jacket, shirt, skirt, pants, hats, scarfs) may be entered as one item. A matching accessory must be entered as its own entry in the accessory category. Label must be attached to back of each item. If possible, for clothing, please bring your own hangers, Mannequin, standing Pedestals, etc. for display.
- Artwork that is to be hung must be framed and/or mounted appropriately, protected for handling, and must meet 3rd Street Gallery Criteria
- Artist’s information must be completed on the Intake Form on submission day
- All artwork submitted must be for sale by the Gallery during the show. Commission is 30% or 40% depending on member status
Open to all artists, SAG members and non-members of any age.
All artists must have signed exhibition waivers in place with the Gallery. These will be available at the Gallery on the day of entry.
Deliver your entries with completed information (see below) to:
3rd Street Gallery
59000 N. Highway 69
Westcliffe, CO 81252
on June 25 & 26, 2017, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
This is a People’s Choice show. 3 Awards will be based on People’s Choices.
The gallery reserves the right to jury out artwork due to space constraints if necessary.
$7.00 per piece for SAG members
$14.00 per piece for non-members
Please assure that the following information is firmly attached to the back of your artwork (or bottom of sculpture):
- Artist’s Name,
This is a People’s Choice show. Awards will be based on the following categories:
- 3 D/Home Décor
Awards will be announced and awarded at the Artists’ Reception on July 1st.
Art Show & Sale
Artist’s Reception: July 1, 2017, 4-6 p.m. Artists are encouraged to attend and to invite their clients to make this a successful event. Artwork will be professionally shown and must be offered for sale at 3rd Street Gallery during the Show.
Pick-up of unsold works is July 30 & 31, 2017, 11-4 p.m.
Although all artwork will be treated with care, each artist must carry their own insurance. Neither 3rd Street Gallery nor Sangres Art Guild accepts any liability for any artwork associated with this competition, exhibition and/or sale.