General membership meeting
held on Tuesday April 17 at 5:15 p.m. at the 3rd Street Gallery
- Brief Summary of BOD Meeting
- Calendar Show Update
- May/Spring Show Update
- Brief Update on New Web Site
- Announcements and Reminders
Break for goodies and socializin’
Program: Artist Jacque Keller gave a presentation on “Human Proportions.”
SAG MEMBERS PRESENT: Curt Gillespie, Gerald Merfeld, Angela Arterburn, Sharon Langfeldt, Jacque Keller, Anne Owens, Hulda Benson, Gary Benson, Linnea Laurila, Carol Bribach, Jeanene Parker.
Meeting called to order at 5:29pm
March minutes approved as presented.
BRIEF SUMARY OF BOD MEETING
• Curt gave a review of the website for SAG. He has been working with Paul Byron who is donating his time to do the new website for SAG. The Board chose to go for a 2-year contract with Lunar Pages at $6.90 a month. More on the website later in the meeting.
• Wells Fargo is closing its branch in Custer County. The BOD moved to change banks to First State Bank (CMB)
• The BOD is checking into getting a MC/VISA for gallery/SAG purchases.
• Approved sharing a radio ad on KRCC for 3 weeks prior to Memorial Day weekend. We will be sharing with Bill Gillette.
• Calendar Show: Graphics and printing of Calendar are on schedule. Anne Ownes working on Reception.
• BOD – Due to lack of time, declined a letter of interest for SAG to share in signage for way-finding sponsored by the Southern Rockies Crossroads of Cultures (5 County group). The cost would be $2,000 in which SAG would be apart of. Not enough time to research.
Linnea reported: We had 83 entries. 12 works of art were chosen on the 4th of April. They are:
• “Climbing Hardscrabble” charcoal, Mike Arterburn.
• “The Way” photograph, Gary Benson.
• “Morning Solitude – Upper Sand Creek Lake” watercolor, Curt Gillespie.
• “Meal Time” photograph, Bill Gillette.
• “Round Up” photograph, Jim Havey.
• “Waves of Huerfano County” oil, Judith Hilmer-Connelly.
• “Outstanding in Her Field” photograph, Sharon Langfeldt.
• “Red Canyon Sunset” Raku, Karen LeBlond.
• “Frontier Pathways” oil, Lorie Merfeld-Batson.
• “Robison Mansion, Canon City” photograph, Eve Nagode.
• “Oh What a Beautiful Morning” oil, Jeanene Parker.
• “Junkins Loop” photograph, Wanda D. York.
Hulda brought up the fact that there were so many photographs chosen. Linnea explained that a good 50% of the entries were photographs. After some conversation, need to work on guidelines for next year’s calendar if we want changes.
• Entry Mondays April 23, 10-4 and April 30, 10-noon. Normal entry fees apply except for artists from 4 “workshop” groups that used the gallery during winter.
• Monday Art Group has volunteered to coordinate and hang the Show. THANKS!
• We are putting in an ad for the May Show. Each group represented (Monday Art Group, Tuesday Figure Drawing Group, Photography Club and Jacques Drawing Group) will pay $10 towards the ad for the Tribune.
BRIEF UPDATE ON NEW WEBSITE:
A lot has developed on the new website. Curt still needs help on drafting the content for the pages.
• Short “How-to” and announcement posts for home page
• 3rd Street Gallery: Volunteers page (Linnea will do)
• Events pages — the introductory paragraphs of some sub-pages
• An intro to the Links page
• About SAG pages – the introductory paragraphs of several sub-pages
Any other page you feel should be re-worded
THE SITE SHOULD BE OFFICIALLY “UP” IN ABOUT 10 DAYS.
CURT NEEDS HELP! Send text for web site blogs to: email@example.com THANKS!
A reminder for those that have not paid their dues, please do so.
Congratulations to Mary Fowler on her logo design, chosen for Westcliffe town 125-year celebration.
Kathy Reis – Town of Westcliffe, said they could use a Face Painter and or a person to do character drawings for July 28th 125 year Westcliffe Celebration. Contact her if interested.
Jacque Keller went to Wells Fargo regarding the Community Assistance Fund for a Grant for Hullabaloo. Even though they are closing, they are still doing the Community Grants. Thanks Jacque. She will pick up the application in May.
Shootout in the Sangres July 20-22
Stephen Datz July 27-29 (confirmed)
Gerald Merfeld August 5-10
Others can be seen on the new web site, “live” in May
• Information on Spanish Peaks Arts Council upcoming Shows were handed out.
Gerald Merfeld is donating 40% of painting hanging in the Gallery to the Building Fund for SAG. Need to check and see how the 40% can be done as donation to SAG, with tax paid on 60% for Geralds part.
Sharon Langfeldt announced that Gary Benson won 1st place at the Blue Spruce Photography Show.
Jamie Arterburn – Student at Trinidad Jr. College won Best of Show in the Art show sponsored by the college which showcased all of the Art classes.
CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH GARY AND JAMIE.
A short break and then a
PROGRAM BY JACQUE KELLER:
A Presentation on “Human Proportions.:
Next SAG Membership meeting: May 15, 2012 – 5:15 pm.
Angela Arterburn – Secretary – SAG