The 8th Annual Plein Air Paint-Out & Paint-In
October 1-4, 2014
Westcliffe, Colorado and the Wet Mountain Valley. Four brilliant Fall days in the delightful Wet Mountain Valley of Colorado. This event includes alla prima painting created from life in the manner of plein air, both outdoors and indoors.
Imagine collecting alla prima artwork in such a majestic location! Fall days in Westcliffe’s Wet Mountain Valley are wonderfully crisp and colorful – a great place for a short stay filled with some of the best art on the planet!
- First Place $1,000 cash award
- PleinAir Magazine Award of Excellence 1/4-page ad ($1,100 value)
- Second Place $300 cash award
- Third Place $200 cash award
- Dozens of Merchandise awards and door prizes for registered artists.
- Wednesday evening artists mixer
- Thursday evening Wet Wall at Brookwood Gallery - Collectors will not want to miss this!
- Friday evening artists and collectors mixer – pizza night!
- Saturday evening ARTISTS’ RECEPTION at 3rd Street Gallery, 4-6 pm. This is where it all comes together – awards are presented and good food, good drink and good friends are enjoyed.
Accommodations And Info About The Area
- Custer County Tourism Board
- Resource/Visitor’s Guide lodging pages (PDF, 1.6MB)
- Custer County Chamber of Commerce
- Westcliffe Regional Map