Congrats go to First Place Peoples’ Choice winner Madeleine Woods for her painting Guilded in oil and gold leaf. Second place went to Greg Smith for his photograph Tricolored Heron in Fog.
Honorable Mentions were also awarded to Jacqueline Keller for her painting Sunflower and to Madeleine Woods for her oil painting Pretty Boy.
Its a good show! Hanging through September 21. Go see it!
Congratulations go to the Peoples’ Choice award winners of the 2017 SAG Fiber Arts Show! Twelve artists created 26 entries and the show looks great! Lots of folks attended the ice cream social that accompanied the artists’ reception. Luscious pies of various flavors were served with tasty homemade ice cream. More than 70 people cast votes for the Peoples’ Choice awards:
- 1st Place Wall Art and Quilts ($50): Sharon Schlotzhauer for Uninvited Guest
- Honorable Mention: Liz VanSomeren for Showers and Blessings
- Honorable Mention: Liz VanSomeren for Flutter and Flora
- 1st Place Wearable Art ($50): Terri Wiebke for Happy Easter
- Honorable Mention: Susan Raymer for Southwest Jacket
- Honorable Mention: Rhonda Denney for Leather Cape – Art Nouveau
- 1st Place Home Decor ($50): Cheryl Swartz for Tune in a Basket
- Honorable Mention: Joni Liebman for Placemats Yellow and Green Edges
- Honorable Mention: Debra Waggoner for Work of our Hands
The show runs through the end of July, so be sure to see it!
Congrats to the winners of the Peoples’ Choice awards at the artists’ reception for the 2018 Calendar Show. Thanks for everyone who participated and voted.
The winners are:
Fine Art: Into the Oak Brush, Oil by Michael Arterburn
Honorable Mentions: Ranch For Sale, Oil by Lorie Merfeld/Batson and On The Move, Watercolor by Curt Gillespie
Photography: Born to Run by Autumn Ginnetti
Honorable Mentions: Frosty Morning Near Hillside by Greg Smith and Beckwith Ranch Sunrise by Eve Nagode
New to Sangres Art Guild this year is a Fiber Arts Show! Local and regional talent can enter the show on June 25 and 26 for cash prizes based on People’s Choice voting. The show is open to all artists. Pieces representing fiber media of all types are welcome, including weaving, spinning, dyeing, basketry, sculpture, felting, quilting, papermaking, knitting, crocheting, and embroidery. An Ice Cream Social will accompany the show’s Artists’ Reception on July 1st.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2018 Calendar Show competition (in order of number of votes received):
- Lorie Merfeld-Batson, “Ranch For Sale”, Oil
- Sarah Woods, “Morning Mirror at Lower Sand Creek Lake”, Oil
- Curt Gillespie, “Mountain Sunrise”, Watercolor and Acrylic
- Barbara Rountree, “A Golden Morning”, Oil
- Marilyn Hennessy, “Christmas Day Blizzard”, Photograph
- Tony Pachak, “Up the Stream”, Oil
- Gerri Duke, “Trail in the Fog”, Photograph
- Cheryl Swartz, “Dark Sky Over The Bluff”, Gold & Silver Jewelry
- Autumn Ginnetti, “Born to Run”, Photograph
- Michael Arterburn, “Into the Oak Brush”, Oil
- Joan Hewitt, “Sangres Reflected”, Scratchboard and Colored Ink
- Eve Nagode, “Beckwith Ranch Sunrise”, Photograph
- Terri Wiebke, “Spread Eagle”, Oil
There were 61 entries from 31 participating artists. 20 artists and sponsors voted for the above winners, many of whom had comments such as “…it was so hard to pick the winners — so many nice works!”
The show will run from May 13 through June 25. Look for the show’s opening and artists’ reception on May 13. See you there!