Congratulations to the 3 artists who earned Peoples’ Choice Awards at the wonderful Holiday Show reception on December 3, 2016.
- Greg Smith for his photograph “Milky Way Hermit Basin“
- Jeanene Parker for her painting “Shades of Orange“
- Liz VanSomeren for her fabric art “Out on a Limb“
The reception highlighted good food and drink amidst a festive atmosphere decorated by the many volunteers of SAG. Stop in to the 3rd Street Gallery to see the show and maybe pick up some artist-decorated Christmas tree ornaments for a small donation.
Congratulations to the winners of the 10th annual Alla Prima Westcliffe! Sixty two participating artists turned in a total of 122 paintings, 14 of which were from the special Mission:Wolf paint-out and 8 of which were from the Starry Starry Night nocturne painting event. Among the 122 paintings were 23 from novice painters (new to plein air painting in the past two years). The artist’s reception was very well-attended after the audience enjoyed the ever-popular Too Many Trombones.
- Best of Show – David Vollbracht’s oil painting The Peak of Fall
- 1st Place – Lorie Merfeld-Batson’s oil painting Retired
- 2nd Place – Jeanene V. Parker’s Morning Glory
- 3rd Place – Michael Arterburn’s Game Trail
- Mission:Wolf winner – Donna Wagle for her painting Magpie
- M:W honorable mentions – Rita Cirillo’s Wolf Magic and Joan Rauch’s Mission Wolf
- Starry Starry Night award – Elycia Schaetzel’s Night Shadows
- Judson’s Art Outfitters Award #1 – Sue Ann Hum’s Sleeper Car
- H.R. Meininger Award – Carol Buschmann’s Autumn Fabric in Westcliffe
- Front Range Frames Award – Jennifer Riefenberg’s Aspen Impressions-Autumn II
- Judson’s Art Outfitters Award #2 – Ann Tristani’s Hanging at the Water Hole
- Honorable Mention – Clare Scott’s Trailer Coop
- Honorable Mention – Ken Hartman’s The Coming Autumn
- Honorable Mention – Cary Carlson’s Aspens Amaze
- Novice Award – Donna Wagle’s Grape Creek
- Novice Award – Luke George’s On Mainstreet
- Novice Award – Betty Carr’s Spring in Westcliffe
Pictures of the winning entries will be posted on the Alla Prima Westcliffe page at a later time.
Congratulations also go to the Arts Hullabaloo chalk art winners:
- 1st Place: Brooklyn Moore of Aurora, CO
- 2nd Place (tie): Cade Hester of Castle Rock, CO and Wyatt Trusty of Westcliffe, CO
- 3rd Place: Cassidy Trusty of Westcliffe, CO
Finally, congratulations go to the winners of the Arts Hullabaloo parade:
- Best Group: Paint Box Guild of Littleton, CO
- Best 4-legged entry: Cyn Williams & dog Rosco (actually a 3-legged dog)
- Best Female entry: Marianna Duford of Silverthorne, CO
- Best Male entry: Charlie Etchison of Westcliffe, CO
Call to Artists
Sangres Art Guild Fall 2016 Show:
“Scenic Byways – Frontier Pathways”
Entry Aug. 14 and 15, 2016 • Artists’ Reception Sept. 3, 2016
Art Show and Sale: Aug. 18 thru Sept. 30, 2016
Featuring artwork celebrating Colorado’s Frontier Pathways Scenic Byway, which follows CO 96 from Pueblo to Silver Cliff and Westcliffe, and branches south to CO 165 and Colorado City.
For more information, email email@example.com or call 719-331-2164 visit 3rd Street Gallery.
This is a juried show with cash awards, open to all artists.
Entry is $7 per artwork for SAG members and $14 for non-members.
See the full show prospectus. Learn more about Frontier Pathways.
The neighboring towns of Westcliffe and Silver Cliff have earned the designation “International Dark Sky Community” – one of only nine in the world and the first in Colorado – thanks to the nonprofit Dark Skies of the Wet Mountain Valley.
You can help the group protect this increasingly precious resource by designing a T-shirt that celebrates our dark mountain skies.
The entry deadline is July 22, with the winner to be announced July 29. The prize is $50 and five T-shirts.
The winner and other contest entries will be featured at a special exhibit and reception from 4 to 6 p.m. Aug. 6 at the 3rd Street Gallery, 59000 N. Highway 69, in Westcliffe.
Information and contest rules.