Click the link for the Sangres Art Guild’s 2019 Calendar Competition Prospectus!
Congratulations to the winners of the Peoples’ Choice awards during Saturday night’s artists’ reception at the SAG Holiday Show. Jacqueline Keller earned first place with her painting “View from the Grade” while Alecia Waugh took a second for her painting “Red Storm” and Joan Hewitt placed third with her artwork “Tired Hound.”
Congratulations go to the newly elected Board of Directors for SAG: Angie Arterburn, Susan (Shu Shu) Butterworth-Clark, Linnea Laurila and Rhonda Denney, all voted-in during the annual membership meeting and Holiday Show reception December 2. They will be joining second-year Directors Donna Ehrhardt, Jan Kraus, Lorie Merfeld-Batson and Terri Wiebke. At least 20 members voted, exceeding the quorum of 10 needed to fulfill the vote. Officers for the Guild will be chosen during the January Board of Directors meeting.
Congratulations to the winners of the 11th annual Alla Prima Westcliffe plein air paint-out …and paint-in. Thirty five artists participated and entered some 80 paintings or so. The Artist’s reception on Saturday, September 23, was a buffet of excellence and beautiful, quality artwork. Award winners are listed below. Pictures of the artwork will be uploaded at a later time.
- Best Of Show: “Aspen Impressions – Fall Equinox” by Jennifer Riefenberg of Castle Rock, CO
- First Place: “Stream at Trails End” by David Vollbracht of Medicine Lodge, KS
- Second Place: “Beckwith” by Ken Hartman of Colorado Springs, CO
- Third Place: “Mary’s Cabin” by Lorie Merfeld-Batson of Westcliffe, CO
- Best Dusk/Nocturne: “Working Late” by Teri Hendrix of Centennial, CO
- Wet Mountain Valley Saddle Club’s Country Strong Teens: “Annie Paints the Horses Ass” by Paul Darrah of Fairplay, CO
- Cheap Joe’s Art Stuff award: “The First Day of Autumn” by Carole Buschmann of Denver, CO
- Judson’s Art Outfitters award #1: “Alla Prima” by Jeannie Demarinis of Jamestown, CO
- Front Range Frames award: “Sunrise on Colony Baldy” by Curt Gillespie of Westcliffe, CO
- H.R. Meininger award: “Grape Creek” by Jamie Micelli of Colorado Springs, CO
- Judson’s Art Outfitters award #2: “My Wild Flowers” by Shu Shu Butterworth-Clark of Westcliffe, CO
- Honorable Mention: “Kale, Main Street” by Jean Krueger of Westcliffe, CO
- Honorable Mention: “Just Starting to Change” by Ken Hartman of Colorado Springs, CO
- Honorable Mention: “Nellie Belle” by Jean Echternach of Denver, CO
- Novice award: “Working Late” by Teri Hendrix of Centennial, CO
- Novice award: “Proctor Ranch” by Lila McClellan of Coledale, CO
- Novice award: “Imagination Mountain” by Donna Hartman of Greenwood Village, CO
Congratulations also go to chalk art winners Calvin Moore and the team of Brooklyn & Jackson Moore, all of Aurora, Colorado, for their winning artwork in the Arts Hullabaloo chalk art contest. The entries tied for first place!