Hello from your SAG President.
The purpose of this communication is to highlight some of our art guild happenings. Please use this web site, sangresartguild.org for more information. I have numbered these highlights for easy reference.
- SAVE THE DATE! Our next SAG General Membership Meeting will be Sunday, July 28, 2019 at the 3rd Street Gallery, Westcliffe, starting at 3 pm. This is also the date for intake for the Happy Trails Show. Details will be provided later.
- SAG Web Site. You may notice some changes to the SAG web site. We have been working diligently to upgrade our web site infrastructure so that we can continue to make improvements. I want to give a big “Thank You!” to Paul Biron for all of his efforts in the web site development. And, we need to acknowledge Curt Gillespie’s project coordination work as well. Hopefully the changes that we incorporate over the next several months will be more apparent to anyone going to our web site. Our goal is to use the web site as the nucleus for information about our SAG programs and opportunities.
- Our first SAG Show of 2019. We had a great response to our first show of 2019, the 2020 Calendar Show. Congratulations to the judged winners! Please come to the Reception on May 4th and see the selected pieces that will be included in our SAG 2020 Calendar.
- 2018 Spirit Campaign results. Thanks to the Wet Mountain Valley Community Foundation’s Spirit Campaign matching funds SAG received a total of $5,601, or $1,504 more than last year! What a wonderful confirmation from the local community (and beyond) of our efforts in supporting the arts and our organization. These funds have been incorporated into our 2019 budget for our programs and committees.
- SAG Job Position Openings. The SAG Board of Directors (BOD) are starting to review SAG’s structure to better understand what it takes to continue supporting our efforts in supporting the Wet Mountain Valley fine arts programs. We also want to ensure that others in the SAG membership better understand how they can contribute in various job positions. We have several positions within SAG that need to be filled, now and in the near future (2020), listed below. If you are interested in any of these positions, or know of someone who would be a good fit, please contact someone on the Board for more information. The advantage to knowing now will allow time for training before the new year. Thanks! More job openings may be identified later.
- SAG President. Rhonda’s term will be over the end of this year (2019) and she will be moving out of state. This leaves the President’s position open to be filled.
- SAG Treasurer. Linnea has done a magnificent job with this, but would like to move on to allow someone else to fill this position in 2020.
- SAG Web Content Assistant. This is a new position, currently without someone to fill it. This individual is responsible to assist the Web Content Manager in updating SAG’s web site.
SAG’s success depends on the all the extra efforts that our members invest in our programs and activities. I invite you to come and get involved! We welcome and need your support and involvement!
I hope to see you at the reception on May 4th if not sooner!
Rhonda Denney SAG BOD President