Intake for the Happy Trails Show is Sunday and Monday, July 28 & 29. Plan to enter your art, inspired by the Western way of life here in the Wet Mountain Valley. The show is held at the 3rd Street Gallery in Westcliffe, CO. These are also the dates for pick-up for the Your Land My Land Show, and on Sunday the 28th, for the annual SAG Membership Meeting. For further information, consult the Prospectus or contact the gallery manager at 719-331-2164 or the Show coordinator at 719-783-2099. This show is open to all artists!
Watercolor Classes for Adults, Westcliffe, CO sponsored by Sangres Art Guild are now forming for Sept. and Oct., $25.00 per session, plus $20 charge if materials needed, for 8 hours of instruction. All levels welcome. Contact Jean Krueger, 518-867-5023, for info.
SAG member Judy Sprague is having a fine art exhibition that runs July 2, 2019 through September 30, 2019 at Coldwell Banker Collegiate Peaks Realty, 139 W. 1st Street, Salida. Her reception is Friday, August 2, 5:30-7:30 pm.
A percentage of all art sales will be donated to Central Colorado Conservancy during the month of August 2019! Over 50 original paintings and drawings will be displayed. Visit www.judyspragueart.com for more info about Judy.
SAG members are invited to participate in SAG’s first HIGH PEAKS Art Ramble on September 14, 11-6pm! The art show and sale will take place during KLZR’s HIGH PEAKS Music Festival at the Feed Store Amphitheater. Participating artist displays will be spread out under a shady canopy of beautiful trees along the winding paths around the stage. SAG artists are encouraged to sign up early as spaces are limited!
- Participating artists will get free admission to the Music Festival and there will be no charge for exhibit space.
- All proceeds from art sales will go to the artists.
- Artists will be able to enter the Park at 9:00 Saturday morning to set up their own displays.
- About 25 sites will be identified in advance along the winding paths.
- Specific sites will be available that morning on a first come basis.
- Each artist will handle their own sales transactions. WiFi access is limited, so cash or checks are desirable. Credit card info can be taken manually and input later.
- Artists are responsible for sales tax.
- Participating artists will be invited to hang one of their pieces on the SAG display at the entrance to the show.
For more information, contact Shushuclark@gmail.com.
You still have time to view the art!
The Fourth of July holiday weekend featured the “Your Land, My Land” Art Show opening reception on Saturday, July 6th. Thanks to all who attended our opening reception at the 3rd St. Gallery. We had over 80 patrons who viewed the artwork, some as far away as Florida! When you view the amazing artwork, you will note that not only does it represent local artists, but artists from Woodland Park, Poncha Springs, Canon City and Pueblo! This show will run until July 28th and features 32 artists, representing 10 different mediums and 66 pieces of artwork.
The award winners from the reception for the Your Land, My Land Art Show at 3rd Street Gallery are: First place, Fine Art went to Curt Gillespie for his oil painting “Valley Ranch”. Second place, Fine Art, went to Tony Pachak for his oil painting “Westcliffe Warriors”. First place, Photography and 3D art went to Joe Beakey for his photograph “Fiery Aspens”. CONGRATULATIONS to everyone!