This is a fun-filled plein air event over Labor Day Weekend in Victor, Colorado. It is very well-hosted and well-attended with usual sales of over 40% of the paintings exhibited. Lots of awards, too! Check out the VCTA web site for more.
SAG’s season kicks off this Saturday, May 4, with the Opening Reception for the Calendar Show from 4-6 pm at 3rd Street Gallery. Mark your calendars and join us! View the artwork and meet the artists for the 20/20 Visions Calendar Show. People’s Choice awards, ribbons and cash will be announced and presented toward the end of the reception. The reception is at the 3rd Street Gallery, just a few steps north of Main in Westcliffe, CO. It showcases 56 entries in 10 different mediums from artists from the Southern Colorado region and beyond. Join us for celebration, refreshments, and a door prize. In addition to the calendar show on the first floor, enjoy the artwork on the 2nd floor of the Gallery, which features artwork by gallery volunteers. The 20/20 Visions Calendar Show will run from May 4 to July 1. The gallery is open Thursday – Monday, 11am to 4pm. For further info, call 719-783-2099.
Sangres Art Guild is now on Instagram!
Thanks Pattie for setting it up! Check in every now and then to see images of fine art in the Wet Mountain Valley.
The SAG Arts program has instructors lined up to teach “on demand” art classes. When we have at least 4 people who want to attend, we try to accommodate everyone’s schedule.
Sarah Woods is looking for at least one more person for her beginning oils class. You can be a beginner artist or an artist new to oils! The one-day class costs $25 if you have supplies and approximately $75 if SAG provide supplies which you get to keep (cost will be based on actual supply cost). The class will likely be held Thursday, May 9th, at Greenstone Artworks in Westcliffe. SAG is subsiding this class. Sarah’s workshops normally cost more than this.
Sarah is a nationally known artist and a wonderful instructor who gets many repeat students to her classes. Don’t miss this opportunity as it will not come along very often!
Hello from your SAG President.
The purpose of this communication is to highlight some of our art guild happenings. Please use this web site, sangresartguild.org for more information. I have numbered these highlights for easy reference.
- SAVE THE DATE! Our next SAG General Membership Meeting will be Sunday, July 28, 2019 at the 3rd Street Gallery, Westcliffe, starting at 3 pm. This is also the date for intake for the Happy Trails Show. Details will be provided later.
- SAG Web Site. You may notice some changes to the SAG web site. We have been working diligently to upgrade our web site infrastructure so that we can continue to make improvements. I want to give a big “Thank You!” to Paul Biron for all of his efforts in the web site development. And, we need to acknowledge Curt Gillespie’s project coordination work as well. Hopefully the changes that we incorporate over the next several months will be more apparent to anyone going to our web site. Our goal is to use the web site as the nucleus for information about our SAG programs and opportunities.
- Our first SAG Show of 2019. We had a great response to our first show of 2019, the 2020 Calendar Show. Congratulations to the judged winners! Please come to the Reception on May 4th and see the selected pieces that will be included in our SAG 2020 Calendar.
- 2018 Spirit Campaign results. Thanks to the Wet Mountain Valley Community Foundation’s Spirit Campaign matching funds SAG received a total of $5,601, or $1,504 more than last year! What a wonderful confirmation from the local community (and beyond) of our efforts in supporting the arts and our organization. These funds have been incorporated into our 2019 budget for our programs and committees.
- SAG Job Position Openings. The SAG Board of Directors (BOD) are starting to review SAG’s structure to better understand what it takes to continue supporting our efforts in supporting the Wet Mountain Valley fine arts programs. We also want to ensure that others in the SAG membership better understand how they can contribute in various job positions. We have several positions within SAG that need to be filled, now and in the near future (2020), listed below. If you are interested in any of these positions, or know of someone who would be a good fit, please contact someone on the Board for more information. The advantage to knowing now will allow time for training before the new year. Thanks! More job openings may be identified later.
- SAG President. Rhonda’s term will be over the end of this year (2019) and she will be moving out of state. This leaves the President’s position open to be filled.
- SAG Treasurer. Linnea has done a magnificent job with this, but would like to move on to allow someone else to fill this position in 2020.
- SAG Web Content Assistant. This is a new position, currently without someone to fill it. This individual is responsible to assist the Web Content Manager in updating SAG’s web site.
SAG’s success depends on the all the extra efforts that our members invest in our programs and activities. I invite you to come and get involved! We welcome and need your support and involvement!
I hope to see you at the reception on May 4th if not sooner!
Rhonda Denney SAG BOD President