We decided to start sending members a periodic newsletter to keep you informed and up-to-date on what’s new with SAG, remind you of the benefits of membership that you may not be taking advantage of yet, and let you know how you can participate and help us do more to promote you and your art. I hope you enjoy our first edition and find it useful.
The Sangres Art Guild’s 16th annual calendar art competition results are in!
There were a total of 74 entries from 34 artists from throughout Colorado. The show was judged by Charles Frizzell of Canon City. He selected 13 pieces for the 2022 Calendar, titled “Colorado’s Best Kept Secret,” one for each month plus the cover art.
The 13 artists chosen are (listed alphabetically):
- Curt Gillespie – “In Hermit Basin” oil
- Jan Kraus – “Stepping Out” oil
- Daniel Lindvig – “Dawn’s Glow on the Ranch” colored pencil
- Marti Minogue – “Rabbitbrush Serenade” pastel
- Anne Owens – “Hiding” pastel
- Terra Raye – “Mystical Moment” photograph
- Madeline Steele – “Grape Creek at Music Meadows” watercolor
- Liz VanSomeren – “Neighborhood Cat” mixed media
- Don Vawter – “Westcliffe Spring” photograph
- Richard Walker – “Sands of Time” photograph
- Alicia Waugh – “Heading Home” mixed media
- Terri Wiebke – “Fresh Snow” oil
- Dena Woods – “Winter’s Moon” photograph
All 74 pieces will be on display in the show at the 3rd Street Gallery in Westcliffe, which runs from May 29th through June 28th. The opening reception is on May 29th from 11am to 4pm. During the reception, the public votes for People’s Choice awards with cash prizes.
Pictures of the winning entries will be posted after the reception on the Calendar Show page.
If you are an artist interested in entering one (or more) of the remaining 5 shows we will have in 2021, visit sangresartguild.org/shows-events for dates and submission requirements.