Criteria for the Holiday “Small Works” Show.
Artwork is defined as follows:
- Size for 2D artwork – 400 sq inches (outside dimensions of frame)
- Size for 3D artwork – small enough to fit on a 12”x12” pedestal
- 2-D original art – all styles, any 2-D media; and 3-D sculpture (such as stone, wood, bronze, glass).
- Original photography, which includes film and digital.
- Traditional prints (woodcuts, engravings, etchings, stone lithographs). No giclee, ink jet, or electronic transfer prints.
- Studio craft to include pottery, metal work, wood and fiber art.
- Jewelry must be of precious or semi-precious metals and stones.
- Note cards from original artwork and photography.
- No clothing, fashion accessories or furniture, except by special arrangement.
- All 2-D artwork must be properly wired for hanging (no sawtooth hangers).
- All 2-D artwork must be framed or have finished edges.
- All artwork on paper must be under glass, plexiglass, or suitably protected. Matting is recommended.
- All artwork must be labeled with: Title, medium, artist’s name.
- An inventory form including list of artwork with title, medium, and price is required.
- Agreement on commission, fees and confirmation of signed waivers for SAG and Stermer.
- Insurance is the responsibility of the artist.
- Artist’s statement and biography are recommended. Special notebooks are available for this purpose.
Miscellaneous Show Information:
- Up to 5 entries are allowed.
- This is a NON-juried show. The Gallery Manager reserves the right to jury work out if the gallery becomes space limited. You will be notified of any work requiring early pick up.