The Sangres Art Guild is a Section 501(c)(3) organization and Colorado registered Non-Profit Corporation.
Our mailing address is:
Sangres Art Guild
P. O. Box 205
Westcliffe, CO 81252
- What We Do
- Create a dynamic, supportive environment for the visual arts to flourish in the Wet Mountain Valley
- Why we do it
- To provide support for our SAG members’ artistic endeavors. And foster commerce in our community through the visual arts
- And foster commerce in our community through the visual arts
- How we plan to get it done
- Build support for SAG with our annual calendar of events, activities and services
- Partner with non-profits and other organizations to create and promote collaborative projects
- Inspire future artists with our SAG Arts program by offering art instruction to the community
- Drive membership and volunteer participation to ensure SAG’s ability to handle our ambitious agenda
- Contribute to commerce in our community by sponsoring the 3rd Street Gallery and its art shows
SAG operates the 3rd Street Gallery, located just a few steps north of Main Street in Westcliffe (59000 N. Highway 69). If you have questions about the gallery, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 719-331-2164.
SAG works cooperatively with other local non-profits and organizations that promote the Wet Mountain Valley through joint Events and cooperative promotions. The 3rd Street Gallery provides an important benefit to SAG members and regional artists as an outlet to display and sell their work. The commission from the sales helps SAG fund other community projects. Our gallery serves the community by supporting the arts and bringing patrons to the valley that enhance commerce in this small community. It provides a community social network through receptions and promotes learning through workshops.
The Art Guild provides annual funding for a student scholarship and/or supports other arts programs that help students learn the value of art.
Art in Public Places supports the community by enhancing public space and providing visual arts which rotate regularly at no cost to the community. Currently, SAG places art in the West Custer County Library, Westcliffe Town Hall, Cliff Lanes and Kirkpatrick Bank.
The Sangres Art Guild accepts all fine art formats and does not discriminate against any person based on race, religion, occupation, disability, sexual orientation, or gender expression.
General membership meetings are held at least once per year, according to the Guild’s By-Laws. The meetings consist of a brief review of business taken by the board of Directors followed by a brief break and then a special program of interest. The public is welcome.
The Board of Directors meetings are held approximately every last Tuesday of each month at 5:15 pm at the 3rd Street Gallery and/or by teleconference. All members are welcome.