A BIG “Thank You” to everyone involved in the success of this year’s Plein Air Paint-out! Despite less than favorable weather conditions, our turn-out at the Paint-out was about 20% better than last year.
We especially appreciate the miraculous efforts of Sarah, Lorie and Lynette to hang the show in record time. Also a big thanks to June, Brenda and Carol for serving up the goodies so we could have a nice reception. Another thanks to Coni and Susan for hanging the upstairs show.
We had 74 entries in the Paint-out contest, and another 57 entries in the upstairs show for a total of 131 splendid works of art now hanging in the 3rd Street Gallery through the end of October. Congratulations to all on creating spectacular works of art.
Congratulations also to the award winners, below (check back later for images of the award-winning artwork).
The Top Three:
- 1st Place, $1,000 NatureWalk Living Award, Cliff Austin, “Clone of Aspens“
- 2nd Place Award, $300, Tom Lockhart, “Road to Gold“
- 3rd Place Award, $200, Coni Grant, “Indian Summer”
- A Painted View Award, $100, Curt Gillespie, “Old Gnarly“
- Front Range Frames Award, a large frame, Cliff Austin, “Sunset“
- Judson’s Art Outfitters Award #1, $150 Gift Certificate, Jeanene Parker, “Gold on Gold”
- Colorado Framesmith Award #1, large frame, Lorie Merfeld-Batson, “Dance of the Cottonwood”
- Judson’s Art Outfitters Award #2, $100 Gift Certificate, Susan McCullough, “Autumn Brilliance on a Gray Day”
- Colorado Framesmith Award #2, medium frame, Ken Hartman, “That Time of Year”
- Judson’s Art Outfitters Award #3, $50 Gift Certificate, Sarah Woods, “Fall Fabric”
- Colorado Framesmith Award #3, small frame, Mark Day, “So Much Color,…So Little Time”
- Golden Artists Colors Award, set of 6 Golden Open Acrylics, Jeannie Truitt, “Blue Moon”