After more than 30 years as a professional photographer, it's not surprising that my approach to painting and drawing leans toward Contemporary Realism. Although I still enjoy practicing all genres of painting and drawing, I am drawn to a few particular styles of work including environmental portraiture, pen and wash and, recently, painting colorful scenes with a much looser approach. Artists I am presently following include Mary Whyte (Charleston, S.C.), Thomas Schaller (Los Angeles, CA), Carl Purcell (Manti, UT) and Randy Hale (Denver, CO). This "looser approach" has been a challenge for me since it is contrary to my background. I love and appreciate the works of all of these artists, along with quite a few others. My thanks to all of them for sharing their stories through their paintings, books and workshops.
- 2020 - 1st Place, High Peaks Exhibit, Sangre Arts Guild, "Abandoned"
- 2019 - People's Choice, MVAG, "Meredine"
- 2019 - Honorable Mention, Ouray Alpine Festival, "Another Day"
- 2018 - First Place, MVAG, "Abandoned"
- 2018 - People's Choice, MVAG, "Book Cliffs"
- Signature Member - Colorado Watercolor Society
- Signature Member - Western Colorado Watercolor Society
- Member - Women in Watercolor
- Member - Pikes Peak Watercolor Society