After more than 30 years as a professional photographer, it's not surprising that my approach to painting and drawing leans toward Contemporary Realism. Although I enjoy learning all genres of painting and drawing, my preference seems to be inching closer to environmental portraiture of everyday people doing important - and often unappreciated and underpaid - jobs. Capturing the mood, expressions and spirit of that moment is the most challenging thing I can do...and I find the most rewarding.
- 2019 - People's Choice, MVAG, "Meredine"
- 2019 - Honorable Mention, Ouray Alpine Festival, Another Day
- 2018 - First Place, MVAG, "Abandoned"
- 2018 - People's Choice, MVAG, "Book Cliffs"
- Member - Colorado Watercolor Society
- Signature Member - Western Colorado Watercolor Society