I discovered my calling in kindergarten, when we joined in show and tell. I realized I wanted to be storyteller. And eventually, I became one: in words, pictures and movies. My gallery offerings reflect my pursuit of light, composition and moments that define places, people, animals and ideas. It's a lifelong journey, and I invite you to come along. Most of my pictures are available in a variety of sizes up to 24x36, and even larger for special applications, on a variety of papers, canvases and other strata. I carefully prepare digital files for all prints. And I print up to 13x9 inches myself with the latest archival photographic inks and papers.
- 2015 and 2016 SAG calendar
- 2015 SAG Holiday Show, first and third places
- Leadership Award from the International Photographic Council, an NGO of the United Nations
- Joseph Costa Award from the National Press Photographers Association
- Southern Lens Award at the Beaufort International Film Festival (for "Keeping the May River Wild")
- Best of ASMP award for "Keeping the May River Wild"
- Lowcountry Art award from the Art Market at Honey Horn (Hilton Head Island, S.C.)
- 1st and 2nd place in Day in the Life of Hilton Head
- Juried into Elizabeth Verner Arts Award showcase (South Carolina) for two years
- Juried into the Southeast Wildlife Exposition for two years
- Member of S.C. Approved Artists Roster (for school arts residencies)
- Outstanding master's candiate in Journalism at Ohio University
- Former national board member and committee chairman, NPPA
- Former state leader for ASMP