A great day was enjoyed during the opening reception for SAG’s 2023 Art Calendar “Light of the Valley” held at 3rd St. Gallery on May 7. Over 75 people were in attendance, viewing the art, having a chance to ‘paint’ a mandala, good refreshments, and listening to some good music. The winners of the People’s Choice Awards went to Lorie Batson for her oil painting, “Nothing Works” and a photograph by Scott Dankof for “Wet Mountain Valley Lights.” They both tied for first place. Congratulations! See the full roundup of the event here.
For further info, see the Calendar Page here.
SAG and Rebecca’s Fund are hosting a series of adult/teen art classes on the 2nd Saturday of each month. These are introductory art classes that easily scale to more experienced artists.
The first session is Saturday, April 9th, 9:00-noon at Greenstone Artworks in Westcliffe, CO and deals with Framing. Throughout the year, we’ll teach Color Charting, Assemblage, Pastels, Watercolors, Jewelry, Beginning Oils and Drawing with Conte and Charcoal.
Cost is only $25 for adults. Free for students. Supplies are included (bring your own paints for color charting). Get more Info here.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2023 Calendar Show competition (in alphabetical order):
- Into the Deep Snow, oil, Michael Arterburn
- Nothing Works, oil, Lorie Batson
- Main Street Before Dawn, photo, Sandra Dalton
- Touching Center, photo, Annie Dawid
- Valley View, photo, Gerri Duke
- Solstice Sunset, oil, Curt Gillespie
- Rocky Mountain Sunrise, oil, Kevin Koch
- Refuge, wc, Madeleine Steele
- Ponderosa Icicles, wc, Liz Van Someren
- Headed West, wc+ink, Sharon Walker
- In the Still of the Forest Night, pastel, Pattie Wall
- One Fine Day, pencil, Alicia Waugh
- Not a Daisy, pastel, Terri Wiebke