Make sure to check in advance with Spanish Peaks Arts Council to see if these are still “on” during COVID-19.
Here are a few resources that came across my desk today, from Artwork Archive:
Entries in the Sangres Art Guild 2021 Fine Art Calendar Show, themed “Stars of Custer County,” were judged by Coni Grant on March 9th. She was very impressed with the quality of the entries and had a difficult time narrowing it to only 12!
Members of Dark Skies of the Wet Mountain Valley selected the cover, “Starry Crown for a King,” by Wildra-Walker Ruzanski. They liked its representation of the valley (mountains, foothills, elk), the Milky Way, and its representation of a phenomenon called Zodiacal light.
Please join me in congratulating the winners of the 2021 Calendar Show competition in alphabetical order:
- Lorie Batson, “Hardscrabble Creek III,” Oil
- Tracy Cook-Wein, “In Yer Face,” Collage
- Curt Gillespie, “Rodeo Prayer,” Oil
- Jan Kraus, “Winter Solitude,” Oil
- Jean Krueger, “Shell Station,” Watercolor
- Karen LeBlond, “Star Party,” Raku Clay
- Tony Pachak, “Lake Visitor,” Oil
- Terra Raye, “Cone Star,” Photograph
- Willdra Walker-Ruzanski, “Starry Crown for a King,” Acrylic
- Gordon Schockey, “Wintergreen,” Photograph
- Judy Sprague, “Deep Night Sky,” Pastel
- Don Vawter, “Sunrise Moonset,” Photograph
- Terri Wiebke, “Tree Scape,” Pastel
There were 87 entries and 38 participating artists. All entries were accepted. Thanks to everyone for entering the show!
Images of the winning entries will be posted on the Calendar Show page after the opening reception at 3rd Street Gallery, May 2, 4-6pm. The printed 2021 calendar will be available then. See the originals at the reception, buy a calendar to help with SAG fund-raising, and view the original works of gallery volunteers in the upstairs gallery.