Westcliffe, Colorado and the Wet Mountain Valley. Treat yourself to three brilliant Fall days painting in the delightful Wet Mountain Valley of Colorado. This year’s event is expanded to include alla prima painting created from life in the manner of plein air, but not necessarily done outdoors. Alla Prima Westcliffe is again being held during the 7th annual Arts Hullabaloo! in Westcliffe on October 5th.
Artists and collectors social events
- Thursday Evening, 6pm to 8pm, Artists Mixer at Westcliffe Wine Mine. Complementary gourmet hors d’oeuvres.
- Friday Evening, 6pm to 8pm, “Wet Wall” Collector Preview, Artists Mixer, and Painting of the Day Award ($100) at R’s in Silver Cliff. Free appetizers; cash bar. Door Prizes.
- Saturday Evening, 4pm to 6pm, Artists’ Reception, Award Ceremony (5pm) and Sale with In Concert’s “Too Many Trombones” providing the great evening music festivities. Free appetizers, wine and other drink. Door prizes.
We welcome Leslie Allen, an international award-winning plein air oil painter as our juror of awards. Leslie is an Emeritus Member of Women Artists of the West, a founding/Emeritus/Signature member of Plein Air Artists Colorado, and an Associate Member of Oil Painters of America, the American Impressionist Society, and IPAP.
- $1,000 NatureWalk Living 1st Place cash award
- PleinAir Magazine Award of Excellence 1/4-Page ad ($1,100 value)
- $300 2nd Place cash award
- $200 3rd Place cash award
- $150 Best Figurative Work cash award
- $100 Juror’s Choice cash award
- $100 Painting of the Day cash award Friday’s “Wet Wall”
- Plus merchandise awards and door prizes from:
Accommodations and Info About the Area
Suggestions for Artists
See Cliff Austin‘s Checklist for a Wet Painting Session