The 7th annual Arts Hullabaloo will be Saturday, October 5 in Westcliffe, Colorado. This year’s event will again be held in conjunction with Alla Prima Westcliffe, the Sangres Art Guild’s 7th annual Plein Air Paint-out and paint-in competition.
Arts Hullabaloo is a fun event showcasing the arts: visual arts, performing arts, musical arts, culinary arts, fiber arts and literary arts, to name a few. Artists paint in public,there is great food art, fiber arts, music and other artistic presentations. There is also face-painting for the kids, chalk art, tie-dying and kid-sized art tables, as well as Jim Jackson’s Art Guffaw, a humorous performance for kids of all ages using art as the medium of expression.
At the Library
- 10:30am to 11am – Story Telling
- 11am to 1pm – ‘Quilting’ sponsored by the Old Schoolhouse Quilters
- 1pm to 3pm – Tie Dying
At Salty Pine’s sideyard at 5th & Main
- 2pm to 4pm – Jim Jackson’s Art Guffaw and More
200 Block of Main Street
- Sidewalk Chalk Art:pick up chalk and entry form at Wet Mountain Treasurers, 207 Main St. Return chalk and entry form by 3:00 p.m. Cash prizes!
- 11pm to 4pm – The Wet Mountain Weavers demonstration at Sangre Home Décor
- 1pm to 3pm – Music by Liz at Brookwood Gallery
Along 3rd Street
- 11am to 4pm – 3rd Street Gallery – Basket weaving demonstrations and more
- 11am to 4pm – 3rd Street Gallery –Pottery by Karen LeBlond of Blue Moon Pottery
- 11am to 4pm – 3rd Street Gallery –Items made from Alpaca Fleece by Linnea of Alpenglow Alpacas
- 11am to 4pm –Wild Iris Pottery – Hands on demonstrations. Come and throw some
- 11am to 4pm –Yarn Bombing – Come and see what it is all about. The horses at the 3rd Street Gallery will be all decked out throughout the day.
- 11am to 4pm –The ‘Art of History’ – Tour the Historic Beckwith Ranch – Rides leaving the 3rd Street Gallery Parking lot every 45 minutes from 11am to 3pm. $5.00 for Adults; children 12 and under FREE.
- 2pm – The ‘Art of Wine Tasting’ at the Westcliffe Wine Mine
- 2:30pm – The ‘Art of Accessorizing’ at Lady Unique Boutique
400 Block of Main Street
- 2pm to 4pm – Jim Jackson’s Art Guffaw – for children of all ages.
Fun for everyone! Visit the stores and various Galleries for other fun happenings.
Hope to see you all there. Bundle up and come. It will be SUNNY!