The 8th annual Arts Hullabaloo will be Saturday, October 4 in Westcliffe, Colorado. This year’s event will again be held in conjunction with Alla Prima Westcliffe, the Sangres Art Guild’s 8th annual Plein Air Paint-out and paint-in competition.
Arts Hullabaloo is a fun event showcasing the arts: visual arts, performing arts, musical arts, culinary arts, fiber arts and literary arts, to name a few. Artists paint in public, there is great food art, fiber arts, music and other artistic presentations. There is also face-painting for the kids, chalk art, tie-dying and kid-sized art tables. See the Salida Circus perform feats of wonder. Enjoy music and dance, the art of history, and various “Art of…” demonstrators all around town during Arts Hullabaloo!
For more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 719-783-2099.
Check out Jim Jackson’s Art Guffaw, a humorous performance for kids of all ages using art as the medium of expression.
Delight in the arts with…
A Parade – starts at 10:30am
Celebrate the arts in its many forms with the Arts Hullabaloo Parade, which immediately follows the Home Coming Parade and is followed by Wild Bill and his Toy Ride. There will be painted horses (literally!), yarn bombers, artists, musicians, etc.
Arts Hullabaloo Happenings: 10:30pm to 4pm
Art In The Park
- At Jess Price Park – Plein Air Artists
- Art and other vendors
- Music, demonstrations and more.
- Furniture, Journals, Tie Dyed clothing, Jewelry, Paintings, Books, Snow Cones and more.
Art & Demonstrations
- Artists and Vendors throughout Town in addition to Jess Price Park.
- Rosita Mary’s herbal and honey bee concoctions in front of Sangrita Restaurant – will have demo on how her products are made.
- Sangre Home Décor – Judy will demonstrate sewing and quilting steps to give you confidence that “you CAN do this”.
- Pottery Demo by Tony at Wild Iris Gallery – a ‘hands on experience’ – Throw your own Pot!
- The Art of Cookie Decorating – 3pm at the Spare Tire – Decorate your own – All Ages
Music & Dance
- Music – In front of the Radio Station and Spare Tire as well as various venues and businesses throughout town. – Schedule to follow
- Dance Demo at Dance Studio
- Face Painting & More – Salty Pine in teh morning and Spare Tire in the afternoon
- Sidewalk Chalk Art – Pick up entry forms at Wet Mountain Treasurers
- Salida Circus – will be ‘traveling’ throughout town – Stilt Walkers, Tumbling Demonstations, etc.
- Jim Jackson’s Art Guffaw – Story Telling – Bubbles and more – Jess Price Park
- Childrens Art Projects like Tie Dying @ Sunflower Natural Foods KIDS ACTIVITIES WILL BE HELD @ VARIOUS LOCATIONS THROUGHOUT TOWN.
The Art of History
- Experience the Art of History – Tour the Historic Beckwith Ranch
- Tour hours are 10am to 3pm
- $5.00 Adults. KIDS 12 & Under FREE
- 10:30am — Homecoming and Arts Hullabaloo Parade begins down Main Street.
- 10:30am to 4pm — Arts and Fine Crafts sale in Jess Price Park
- Rest of schedule to be uploaded soon….
Please note: activities and times are subject to change. A schedule of events can be picked up the day of the event at Lone Arranger Pawn Shop, 3rd Street Gallery and Salty Pine Floral and Boutique.
Enjoy sales of your artwork or fine craft in Jess Price Park during Arts Hullabaloo. For a small fee, artists/vendors can set up a 10’x10′ booth and sell their artwork or fine craft without commissions. All sales and sales taxes are the responsibility of the exhibitor. More info can be found in the Arts Hullabaloo Vendor Application.
- Alla Prima Westcliffe Participants: free (included in registration fee)
- SAG Members: $5
- Non-members: $10
- Food Vendors: $15