The 9th annual Arts Hullabaloo is Saturday, October 3 in Westcliffe, Colorado. This year’s event will again be held in conjunction with Alla Prima Westcliffe, the Sangres Art Guild’s 9th annual Plein Air Paint-out and paint-in competition.
Arts Hullabaloo is a fun event showcasing the arts: visual arts, performing arts, musical arts, culinary arts, fiber arts and literary arts, to name a few. After the parade, artists paint in public, there is great food art, fiber arts, music and other artistic presentations. There is also face-painting for the kids, chalk art, tie-dying and kid-sized art tables. The Salida Circus performs feats of wonder. Music, dance, and various “Art of…” demonstrators are enjoyed all around town during Arts Hullabaloo!
Arts Hullabaloo Happenings
All events are free to the viewing public!
THE PARADE – STARTS AT 10am and follows the Homecoming Parade.
Celebrate the arts in its many forms with the Arts Hullabaloo Parade. There will be painted horses (literally!), artists, musicians, wiggly butts (puppies!), and more! Wild Bill’s toy drive will also be joining the parade.
Art in the Park
- At Jess Price Park – plein air artists
- Art and other vendors
- Food vendors
- Music, demonstrations and more.
- Furniture, journals, tie dyed clothing, jewelry, paintings, books, snow cones and more.
Art & Demonstrations
- Artists and vendors throughout town in addition to Jess Price Park.
- Rosita Mary’s herbal and honey bee concoctions and products.
- Pottery Demo by Tony at Wild Iris Gallery – a ‘hands on experience’ – throw your own pot!
- Karen LeBlond of Blue Moon Pottery Ranch will be displaying her pottery on the porch of 3rd Street Gallery
- Knitting demonstration at Greenstone Artworks throughout the day
- Paca Peace Ranch for Youth alpacas will be at Jess Price Park after the parade
Music, Dance & Performances
- Music – At various venues and businesses throughout town – schedule to follow
- Dance demo at dance studio
- 10-minute play competition at the Jones Theater hosted by the Westcliffe Center for the Performing Arts
- Face painting & more
- Sidewalk chalk art
- Salida Circus – will be ‘traveling’ throughout town – stilt walkers, tumbling demonstations, etc.
- Jim Jackson’s Art Guffaw – story telling – bubbles and more – Jess Price Park
- Childrens art projects like tie dying — KIDS ACTIVITIES WILL BE HELD @ VARIOUS LOCATIONS THROUGHOUT TOWN.
Schedule – to be determined
- 10am — Homecoming and Arts Hullabaloo parade begins at “The Bluff” and proceeds up Main Street to Custer County School
- 10:30am to 4pm — Arts and fine crafts sale in Jess Price Park
- 1pm — Rosita Mary demonstrates how she makes some of her products
- Musicians throughout town during the day
- Rest of schedule being determined….
Please note: activities and times are subject to change.
Enjoy sales of your artwork or fine craft in Jess Price Park during Arts Hullabaloo. For a small fee, artists/vendors can set up a 10’x10′ booth and sell their artwork or fine craft without commissions. All sales and sales taxes are the responsibility of the exhibitor. More info can be found in the Arts Hullabaloo Vendor Application.
- Alla Prima Westcliffe Participants: free (included in registration fee)
- SAG Members: $5
- Non-members: $10
- Food Vendors: $15 and $25
Special Thanks to Our Sponsors
- Alpenglow Alpacas
- Arterburn Fine Art & Graphics
- Brookwood Gallery
- Cliffs Edge
- Courtyard Inn B & B
- Jones Theater/WCPA
- KWMV Radio/FM
- Loan A Ranger
- Mane Attraction
- Salty Pine Floral & Boutique
- Sangre Home Decor
- United Wapiti Realty
- Village Shop, 205 Main St, Westcliffe, CO 81252, 719-783-2541
- Westcliffe Builders
- Wet Mountain Treasurers
- Wet Mountain Tribune
- Wild Iris Art Gallery, 111 3rd St, Westcliffe, CO 81252, 719-783-4323