Saturday, October 1, 2016
The 10th annual Arts Hullabaloo is Saturday, October 1 in Westcliffe, Colorado. This year’s event will again be held in conjunction with Alla Prima Westcliffe, the Sangres Art Guild’s 10th annual Plein Air Paint-out and paint-in competition.
Arts Hullabaloo is a fun event showcasing the arts: visual arts, performing arts, musical arts, culinary arts, fiber arts and literary arts, to name a few. After the parade, artists paint in public, there is great food art, fiber arts, music and other artistic presentations. There is also face-painting for the kids, chalk art, tie-dying and kid-sized art tables. The Salida Circus performs feats of wonder. Music, dance, and various “Art of…” demonstrators are enjoyed all around town during Arts Hullabaloo!
Arts Hullabaloo Happenings
All events are free to the viewing public!
THE PARADE – STARTS AT 10AM
Steam Punk theme this year! Celebrate the arts in its many forms with the Arts Hullabaloo Parade. There will be painted horses (literally!), artists, musicians, and more!
Parade Awards (donated by Brookwood Gallery):
- $50 – Best Female Costume
- $50 – Best Male Costume
- $50 – Best Group
- $50 – Best 4-Legged Entry
Join the parade! Parade Entry Form – 2016
Parade line-up at the school parking lot, west side. The route will be West on Main St. to the Bluff.
Art in the Park
- At Jess Price Park – plein air artists
- Art and other vendors
- Food vendors
- Music, demonstrations and more.
- Furniture, journals, pottery, jewelry, paintings, books, and more
Art & Demonstrations
- Artists and vendors throughout town in addition to Jess Price Park.
- Rosita Mary‘s herbal and honey bee concoctions and products.
- Pottery Demo by Tony at Wild Iris Gallery – a ‘hands on experience’ – throw your own pot!
- Karen LeBlond of Blue Moon Pottery Ranch will be displaying her pottery on the porch of 3rd Street Gallery
- Paca Peace Ranch for Youth alpacas will be at Jess Price Park after the parade
- The Art of applying Make-up by Candace: 11 – 1 at Just Off Main Boutique on 3rd St.
Music, Dance & Performances
- Music – At various venues and businesses\ throughout town
- Gushikawa will be doing a Sword Dance Performance
- 10-minute play competition at the Jones Theater hosted by the Westcliffe Center for the Performing Arts
- September 30, 2016 – Friday, the day before Arts Hullabaloo – kids decorate masks and tie dye your shirt to wear in the Arts Hullabaloo parade (Oct. 1st). (Masks furnished – bring your own t-Shirt to tie dye, dye furnished). Place – West Custer County Library – Community Room. Please note, parade entries will also be present for the Kids to take home and be signed by their parents
- Face painting & more
- Sidewalk chalk art – Sponsored by Denver Home Security Judge – $30 1st Place, $20 2nd Place, $10 3rd Place.
- Salida Circus – will be ‘traveling’ throughout town – stilt walkers, tumbling demonstations, etc.
- Childrens art projects like tie dying — KIDS ACTIVITIES WILL BE HELD @ VARIOUS LOCATIONS THROUGHOUT TOWN.
- The Art of Mining for Gemstones
Enjoy sales of your artwork or fine craft in Jess Price Park during Arts Hullabaloo. For a small fee, artists/vendors can set up a 10’x10′ booth and sell their artwork or fine craft without commissions. All sales and sales taxes are the responsibility of the exhibitor. More info can be found in the Arts Hullabaloo Vendor Application.
- Alla Prima Westcliffe Participants: free (included in registration fee)
- SAG Members: $5
- Non-members: $10
- Food Vendors: $15 and $25
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR 2015 SPONSORS:
- Alpenglow Alpacas
- Arterburn Fine Art & Graphics
- Brookwood Gallery
- Cliffs Edge
- Courtyard Inn B & B
- Jones Theater/WCPA
- KWMV Radio/FM
- Loan A Ranger
- Mane Attraction
- Salty Pine Floral & Boutique
- Sangre Home Decor
- United Wapiti Realty
- Village Shop, 205 Main St, Westcliffe, CO 81252, 719-783-2541
- Westcliffe Builders
- Wet Mountain Treasurers
- Wet Mountain Tribune
- Wild Iris Art Gallery, 111 3rd St, Westcliffe, CO 81252, 719-783-4323