The 11th annual Arts Hullabaloo is Saturday, September 23 in Westcliffe, Colorado. This year’s event will again be held in conjunction with Alla Prima Westcliffe, the Sangres Art Guild’s 11th annual Plein Air Paint-out and paint-in competition.
Arts Hullabaloo is a fun event showcasing the arts: visual arts, performing arts, musical arts, culinary arts, fiber arts and literary arts, to name a few. After the parade, artists paint in public; there is food art, fiber arts, music and other artistic presentations. There will also be face-painting for the kids, chalk art, tie-dying and kid-sized art tables. The Salida Circus will performed feats of wonder including a trapeze act. Jim the Bubble Guy will be back with his stories and acts. Music, dance, and various “Art of…” deonstrators will be enjoyed all around town during Arts Hullabaloo!
Arts Hullabaloo Happenings
All events are free to the viewing public!
THE PARADE – STARTS AT 10AM
“Steam Punk” theme this year (optional). $200 in awards: $50 each for “Best Female Costume” “Best Male Costume” “Best Group” and “Best 4-legged entry.” Celebrate the arts in its many forms with the Arts Hullabaloo Parade.
Join the parade! Parade Entry Form – 2017
Art in the Park
- At Jess Price Park – plein air artists
- Art and other vendors
- Food vendors
- Music, demonstrations and more.
- Furniture, journals, pottery, jewelry, paintings, books, and more
Art & Demonstrations
- Artists and vendors throughout town in addition to Jess Price Park.
- Rosita Mary’s herbal and honey bee concoctions and products.
- Pottery Demo by Tony at Wild Iris Gallery – a ‘hands on experience’ – throw your own pot!
- Karen LeBlond of Blue Moon Pottery Ranch will be displaying her pottery on the porch of 3rd Street Gallery
- Weaving Demonstrations at Greenstone Artworks
Music, Dance & Performances
- Music – At various venues and businesses throughout town
- Gushikawa will be doing a Ceremonial Dance Performance
- 10-minute play competition at the Jones Theater hosted by the Westcliffe Center for the Performing Arts
- September 22 – Friday, the day before Arts Hullabaloo – kids art activities at the Library
- Face painting & more
- Sidewalk chalk art — $30 1st Place, $20 2nd Place, $10 3rd Place.
- Salida Circus – Main location at Salty Pine with their Trapeze Ace, they will be ‘traveling’ throughout town – stilt walkers, tumbling demonstations, etc.
- Childrens art projects like tie dying — KIDS ACTIVITIES WILL BE HELD @ VARIOUS LOCATIONS THROUGHOUT TOWN.
- Jim – The Bubble Guy will be located at Salty Pine
Enjoy sales of your artwork or fine craft in Jess Price Park during Arts Hullabaloo. For a small fee, artists/vendors can set up a 10’x10′ booth and sell their artwork or fine craft without commissions. All sales and sales taxes are the responsibility of the exhibitor. More info can be found in the Arts Hullabaloo Vendor Application.
- Alla Prima Westcliffe Participants: free (included in registration fee)
- SAG Members: $5
- Non-members: $10
- Food Vendors: $15 and $25
Special Thanks to Our Sponsors
- Alpenglow Alpacas
- Arterburn Fine Art & Graphics
- Brookwood Gallery
- Cliffs Edge
- Jones Theater/WCPA
- KWMV Radio/FM
- Loan A Ranger
- Salty Pine Floral & Boutique
- Sangre Home Decor
- United Wapiti Realty
- Westcliffe Builders
- Wet Mountain Treasurers
- Wet Mountain Tribune
- Wild Iris Art Gallery, 111 3rd St, Westcliffe, CO 81252, 719-783-4323