SAG’s season kicked off Saturday, May 4, with the Opening Reception for the 2020 Calendar Show from 4-6 pm at 3rd Street Gallery. People’s Choice awards, ribbons and cash were announced and presented. The reception was at the 3rd Street Gallery.
The exhibition showcases 56 entries in 10 different mediums from artists from the Southern Colorado region and beyond. The artwork on the 2nd floor of the Gallery features a group exhibition of artwork by gallery volunteers. The 20/20 Visions Calendar Show will run from May 4 to July 1. The gallery is open Thursday – Monday, 11 to 4pm.
The Calendar Show entries were judged on March 7th Marty Brens of Art in the Aspens. She was very impressed with the quality of the entries and had a difficult time narrowing it to only 13! Thank you Marty!
Congratulations to the winners of the competition (in alphabetical order):
- Sandra Dalton, “Sylvester”, Photograph
- Donna Ehrhardt, “Whimsical Sunflower”, Alcohol Ink
- Curt Gillespie, “Winter Mountain Stream”, Oil
- Gushikawa, “Ojo de Aguila”, Photograph
- Karen LeBlond, “The Night Guides Me Home”, Raku Clay
- Lorie Merfeld-Batson, “February Morn”, Oil
- Marti Minogue, “Winter Welcome to Westcliffe”, Watercolor
- Linda Ouellette, “Kingman Turquoise & Copper Navajo Pearls”, Jewelry
- Anne Owens, “Some Kind of Plant”, Pastel
- Connie Reinke, “Aspen Snow”, Acrylic
- Liz VanSomeren, “Toupee”, Graphite
- Pattie Wall, “Aspens – Late Summer”, Acrylic
- Terri Wiebke, “Wild Hollyhocks”, Pastel
Congratulations also to the People’s Choice award winners
- 1st place, Connie Reinke’s acrylic painting “Aspen Snow”
- 2nd place, Karen LeBlond’s raku clay framed artwork “The Night Guides Me Home”