Stars of Custer County
SAG’s 2020 gallery season begins May 2, with the Opening Reception for the 2021 Calendar Show at 3rd Street Gallery. People’s Choice awards, ribbons and cash will be announced and presented.
Entries in the Sangres Art Guild 2021 Fine Art Calendar Show, themed “Stars of Custer County,” were judged by Coni Grant on March 9th. She was very impressed with the quality of the entries and had a difficult time narrowing it to only 12!
Members of Dark Skies of the Wet Mountain Valley selected the cover, “Starry Crown for a King,” by Wildra-Walker Ruzanski. They liked its representation of the valley (mountains, foothills, elk), the Milky Way, and its representation of a phenomenon called Zodiacal light.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2021 Calendar Show competition in alphabetical order:
- Lorie Batson, “Hardscrabble Creek III,” Oil
- Tracy Cook-Wein, “In Yer Face,” Collage
- Curt Gillespie, “Rodeo Prayer,” Oil
- Jan Kraus, “Winter Solitude,” Oil
- Jean Krueger, “Shell Station,” Watercolor
- Karen LeBlond, “Star Party,” Raku Clay
- Tony Pachak, “Lake Visitor,” Oil
- Terra Raye, “Cone Star,” Photograph
- Willdra Walker-Ruzanski, “Starry Crown for a King,” Acrylic
- Gordon Schockey, “Wintergreen,” Photograph
- Judy Sprague, “Deep Night Sky,” Pastel
- Don Vawter, “Sunrise Moonset,” Photograph
- Terri Wiebke, “Tree Scape,” Pastel
There were 87 entries and 38 participating artists. All entries were accepted. Thanks to everyone for entering the show!
Images of the winning entries will be posted here after the opening reception at 3rd Street Gallery, May 2, 4-6pm. The printed 2021 calendar will be available then. See the originals at the reception, buy a calendar to help with SAG fund-raising, and view the original works of gallery volunteers in the upstairs gallery.