Friday – Sunday, October 1-3
The Sangres Art Guild, in partnership with Rebecca’s Fund and the Custer County Tourism Board hosts the 15th annual Arts Hullabaloo, October 1-3. Three days of Family Fun celebrating the Arts, showcasing visual arts, performing arts, musical arts and other arts.
Arts Hullabaloo returns with exciting new events and returning old favorites, all guaranteed to share the fun of creativity in kids of all ages. Participants will spend fun-filled, awe-inspiring, event-packed days filled with warm memories of our Valley.
Friday – 10am to 1pm is chalk art day with visual history presentations at the AAW Heritage Center for inspiration. The Chalk Art starts on Friday and ends at 2:30pm on Saturday. There will be a special prizes for best ‘History of Custer County’ chalk art.
Saturday in Jess Price Park 10am to 3:30pm returns with favorites like vendor’s showcasing various Arts & Crafts Stations, Kids’ Face Painting, Quick Draw Competition (see below) with models, Kids Paint Too, Roving Musicians, Dance, Entertainment, Salida Circus, Tattoo Artist, Native American Drumming and History and Fun!
Sunday on the Bluff is a glorious time on the Bluff with family and friends. Hand decorated kite’s and paper plane’s. Competitions, various family games. Dark Skies will have their Planet Walk as well as their Solar Telescope. A great day for family fun!
(The schedule will be updated periodically and is subject to change!)
Friday, October 1
10am – 1 pm: History through Art
AAW Heritage Center, 110 Rosita Ave., Westcliffe, CO
- Visit All Aboard Westcliffe Museum, Side Cars and Heritage Center
- Who discovered Custer County?
- Why Trains in Custer County?
- Learn more about Custer Counties past
- Get some inspiring ideas for the Chalk Art Competition
- Light Refreshments served
Noon – 5: Chalk Art Drawing
- Individuals and families
- Chalk and forms can be picked up at Greenstone Artworks, 100 Main Street
- Judging by AAW at 2:30pm Saturday
Saturday, October 2
8:30am -11am: Artists Quick Draw — Jess Price Park
- $200 1st Place, $100 2nd Place, $75 3rd Place awards
- Peoples’ Choice Awards from Sugar Lump Co.
- Kids’ Category awards
- Live models and interesting stuff to draw or paint
- FREE! No Entry Fee, but please email Curt to pre-register: email@example.com or call 719.783.0886
- Bring your own art supplies
- Final artwork may be framed or unframed, and will be displayed throughout the day at 3rd Street Gallery. Sales of artwork are commission-free and must be handled by the artist
- Artists can set up a vendor booth for sales all day. See the Vendor Application form.
10am – 3:30pm: Jess Price Park — Vendors, Musicians throughout the day, and Creative Stations:
- Salida Circus!
- Bubble Machine
- Face painting
- Astronomy/Planet decorating
- Art easels for acrylic painting
- Balloon artist
- Character drawing
- Dance demos
- Kids Paint Too!
- Scarf Decorating
- Tattoo Art
- Various Creative Stations with Dark Skies and All Aboard Westcliffe
- Native American Drumming and History
- Make a beaded bracelet
10am – 3pm: Wild Iris Pottery
- Hands on Pottery Demonstration – Learn how to make your own!
Chalk Art continues until 2:30pm.
- Award winners announced between 4 and 4:30 at 3rd Street Gallery Reception
- Kids category and Family category.
4pm – Reception at 3rd St. Gallery — Awards Announced.
Sunday, October 3
Noon – 4pm: On the Bluff
- Paper airplane decorating, building and flying
- Kite decorating and flying
- Dark Skies Plant Walk
- Dark Skies Solar Telescope
- Fun and games
Artists and Vendors for Jess Price Park
Enjoy sales of your artwork or fine craft in Jess Price Park during Arts Hullabaloo on Saturday, October 2, 2021. For a small fee, artists/vendors can set up a 10’x10′ booth and sell their artwork or fine craft without commissions. All sales and sales taxes are the responsibility of the exhibitor. More info can be found in the Arts Hullabaloo Vendor Application.
- Quick Draw Competition Participants: free (included in registration fee)
- SAG Members: $15
- Non-members: $25
- Food Vendors: $20 and $30
Please note: activities and times are subject to change.