The Sangres Art Guild in Custer County, Colorado, promotes the arts in the Wet Mountain Valley to create a dynamic, supportive environment for the visual arts to flourish. We operate the 3rd Street Gallery in Westcliffe to provide support for our members’ artistic endeavors and foster commerce in our community through the visual arts. Explore the site to learn more about our art Shows and Events, art Classes and Programs, and Our Artists. Become a Member. Learn more About SAG.
CONGRATULATIONS to Pattie Wall for 1st Place People’s Choice Award for her oil, Chicken Dance, truly a unique piece.
This show we had a tie for 2nd Place People’s Choice Awards: Deb Yarra for her Metallic Photograph on Canvas, Enchanting Misty Waterfall and Michael Arterburn for his oil, Along the Ridge.
If you have not had a chance to see the show, it runs until November 16th! Two floors to explore and 2021 SAG Art Calendars for Sale! Be sure to explore the wonderful world of ART!
Chalk Art Results
Thank you all so much for participating in our 2020 SAG Hullabaloo Chalk Art Competition, sponsored by Sangres Art Guild and Rebecca’s Fund. The work was OUTSTANDING! Colorful! Conceptual! Clever! Original! Chris had a ball judging your artwork and sends his congratulations to all participants!
Kids 9 and Under
- First Place – Ava & Ella Botcherby / Ages 6 & 7 / Space 9 / $30
- Second Place – Abbi Handy / Age 9 / Space 2 / $20
- Third Place – Payton Maldonado / Age 6 / Space 23 / $10
Kids 10 to 13
- First Place – Bridger Bennett / Age 10 / Space 1 / $30
- Second Place Tie – Chase Brain / Age 11 / Space 13 / $20
- Second Place Tie – Lili Kozlowski / Age 10 / Space 10 / $20
- Third Place – Chloe Gifford / Age 10 / Space 8 / $10
Kids 14 and Over
- First Place – Cecilia Constantine / Age 14 / Space 28 / $30
- First Place Tie – Maldonado Family / Space 23 / $75
- First Place Tie – Handy Family / Space 3 / $75
- Second Place Tie – Mary & Miriam Huckfeldt / Space 11 / $50
- Second Place Tie – Brain Family / Space 15 / $50
- Third Place Tie – Gifford Family / Space 7 / $25
- Third Place Tie – Constantine Family / Space 29 / $25
Kite Flying Results
Fun was had by participants from Custer County and grandkids visiting from Broomfield, Thornton and Buena Vista, Colorado. As you will see below, you are never too young or too old to go fly a kite!
Special thanks to all the parents and grandparents with their kids and grandkids, making this a special fun family day on The Bluff! Winner prizes will be mailed out.
Prettiest Decorated Kites per age bracket
- Vance Wagner – age 4
- Zoe Wagner – age 6
- Emma Hildebrand – age 9
Longest Flying Kite
- Grant Roderick – age 9 (first kite went for a ride and was recovered a few blocks away in the Adams sub-division behind Cliff Lanes. It was quite a run for family members.)
- Karisa Michel – age 44 (Dragon)
- Kevin Boyd – age 62 (Octupus)
Most unusual Kite
- Karisa Michel – age 44 (Dragon)
Oldest Kite Flyer
- Lois Smith – age 69
Youngest Kite Flyer
- Magnolia Wagner – age 2
Largest Family to Fly Kites
- The Wagner Family
Highest Flying Kite
- Chase Clark – age 3
- Grant Roderick – age 9
Here before you know it. Calling all Artists for our FALL FROLIC Art Show sponsored by the Sangres Art Guild. Intake is Sunday and Monday, 9/27 and 9/28 from 11am-4pm at 3rd Street Gallery.
It is a time of harvest and gathering together as summer’s mosaic of colors changes and the season mellows. The Show is open to artists and photographers of all ages, SAG members or non-members. 2D and 3D artworks in all mediums are accepted. Get creative and think ‘outside the box, or not’. All entries must be for sale. GET THIS, this show runs from Oct. 1 to Nov. 16th. Pick-up will be Nov. 15-16. For further info, go to Fall Frolic 2020 for the prospectus.
The Opening Reception is Saturday, October 3, 11am-4pm. Invite your friends and art patrons! Social Distancing and Masks are required. So frolic into the best of Fall fine art, at 3rd Street Gallery and enjoy the Volunteer’s artwork in the upper gallery.
The presentation from the general SAG Membership “Zoom” Meeting of September 7, 2020 can be seen here.
A great show and reception. The People’s Choice awards were 1st Place – Cara Fandel for her Photographic Print “Abandoned” and 2nd Place – Michael Arterburn, for his oil, “Rocks at South Colony.”
The show had 47 works of art from artists from Westcliffe, Woodland Park, Dallas, TX, Poncha Springs, Canon City and Raton, New Mexico.
For those of you who have not seen the High Peaks Art Show, it runs until September 28, with 2 floors to explore!
The show is sponsored by the Sangres Art Guild, a non-profit, and is open to the public, artists, art lovers and collectors. In addition to the artwork, the SAG Fine Art Calendar for 2021 is available for sale. Thanks to all who attended. Come by and see the show – gallery hours Thurs. – Mon. 11am to 4pm. Masks required.