The Sangres Art Guild in Custer County, Colorado, promotes the arts in the Wet Mountain Valley to create an exceptional arts-centered destination where everyone can create, support, participate and enjoy the scenic beauty of the Wet Mountain Valley. We also operate the 3rd Street Gallery in Westcliffe. Explore the site to learn more. Look below for our latest announcements.
Congratulations to the winners of the Sangres Art Guild 2019 Calendar Show:
- Michael Arterburn, “Up Short Creek”, Oil
- Cheryl Swartz, “Mars and the Moon in the Dark Sky Over the Bluff”, Jewelry
- Barbara Rountree, “Taking in the View”, Graphite
- Tony Pachak, “Lost My Way”, Oil
- Alisha Waugh, “Trail of Many”, Mixed Media
- Curt Gillespie, “Morning Scene”, Oil
- Liz VanSomeren, “Go with the Flow”, Fabric
- Joan Hewitt, “Big Daddy”, Scratchboard and Colored Ink
- Cheryl Arnold, “Horse Hurrah”, Oil
- Gerri Duke, “Sangres in the Fall”, Photograph
- Sandra Dalton, “A Proper Grave”, Photograph
- Kathy Boulle, “Nature’s Improbable Balance”, Watercolor
- Carol Kilstofte, “Geraniums”, Oil
There were 50 entries and 32 participating artists. All entries were accepted. 20 artists voted and enjoyed the pasta party (Thanks, Terri!).
The weather will be sunny, breezy and warm (51 predicted), so we’re “on” for entry in the 2019 Calendar Competition tomorrow (Saturday) March 3. Entry is from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Voting will take place by artists and sponsors from 3-4 p.m. during the pasta party! See you then!
At the first SAG Board of Directors meeting of 2018 on February 15, Officers were chosen from the Directors. Congratulations and thanks to new President Rhonda Denney, new V.P. Susan (Shu Shu) Butterworth-Clark, new Secretary Lorie Merfeld-Batson, and remaining as Treasurer Linnea Laurila. Contact info can be found on the BOD page.
Click the link for the Sangres Art Guild’s 2019 Calendar Competition Prospectus!2019 SAG Calendar Call to Artists (PDF, 995 KB)
Congratulations to the winners of the Peoples’ Choice awards during Saturday night’s artists’ reception at the SAG Holiday Show. Jacqueline Keller earned first place with her painting “View from the Grade” while Alecia Waugh took a second for her painting “Red Storm” and Joan Hewitt placed third with her artwork “Tired Hound.”