The Sangres Art Guild in Custer County, Colorado, promotes the arts in the Wet Mountain Valley to create an exceptional arts-centered destination where everyone can create, support, participate and enjoy the scenic beauty of the Wet Mountain Valley. We also operate the 3rd Street Gallery in Westcliffe. Explore the web site to learn more. Look below for our latest announcements. Search the Archives for older posts. Now go create!
A summary of the year in review can be found here.
3rd Street Gallery has recently been re-organized. Find a list of the re-organization and tasks here. Look at the list and please consider helping the Coordinators with a task you can do!
- Gallery Manager: Linnea L.
- Show Coordinators: Terri W. and Angie A.
- Gallery Volunteer Coordinator: Liz V.
- Faciliteis Coordinator: Karen L.
- Publicity Coordinators: Greg and Janet S.
Alla Prima Westcliffe 2015 Awardees
Congratulations to the award earners of Alla Prima Westcliffe:
- Best of Show: David Vollbracht “Waterways”
- First Place: Jeanne Echternach “Out to Pasture”
- Second Place: Tom Lockhart “Time Passages”
- Third Place: Steve Willman “Hermit Road Barns”
- Judson’s Art Outfitters #1: Valerie Meyers “Graveyard Shift”
- Front Range Frames Award: Jacob Tarazoff “Cadmium Earth Orange”
- Judson’s Art Outfitters #2: Paul Darrah “October’s Finest”
- H.R.Meininger Award: Scott Lines “Rabbit Brush Road”
- Chartpak Merchandise Award: Steve Hickman “Barn Again”
- Honorable Mention #1: Lorie Merfeld-Batson “Junior”
- Honorable Mention #2: Clare Scott “Autumn Pine”
- Novice Award #1: Jamie Miceli “Over Look”
- Novice Award #2: Jean Krueger “Dorothy’s Ranch Looking East”
- Novice Award #3: Teresa Farish “Golden through the Pines”
Arts Hullabaloo 2015 Chalk Art Awardees
- 1st Place: Surenna Palma, Westcliffe, CO
- 2nd Place: Mara Backsen, Lili Cobb, & Audry Heckmann, Colorado Springs, CO
- 3rd Place: Sara Shepmann, Westcliffe, CO
- Honorable Mention: Tyler Heckmann, Silver Cliff, CO
- Honorable Mention: Autumn F., Westcliffe, CO
Hey Artists! The early date to register for Alla Prima Westcliffe is September 23! See the prospectus here and register online now!
Hey Artists! The Sangres Art Guild is sponsoring a Fall Show at 3rd Street Gallery in Westcliffe during September.
- Entry August 29 & 30, 2015
- Cash Awards
- Open to all artists; Original 2D Art, Photography, & 3D art accepted
- Art Show & Sale: August 30 – October 2, 2015
- Artist’s Reception Saturday, September 5, 2015, 4-6 p.m.
- Pickup October 2 and 3, 2015
The prospectus is here. This is not a juried show. Awards will be based on artists’ choices.
Entry Fee: $7.00 per piece for SAG members, $14.00 per piece for non-member