The Sangres Art Guild in Custer County, Colorado, promotes the arts in the Wet Mountain Valley to create an exceptional arts-centered destination where everyone can create, support, participate and enjoy the scenic beauty of the Wet Mountain Valley. We also operate the 3rd Street Gallery in Westcliffe. Explore the web site to learn more. Look below for our latest announcements. Search the Archives for older posts. Now go create!
Saturday night’s Calendar Show reception was a well-attended, well-served affair. Thanks to all of the volunteers that made it great! Thanks also to all voters of the Peoples’ Choice award. Congratulations to the winners:
- Liz VanSomeren “Flutter and Flora”
- Kathy Boulle “Winter Silhouettes”
- Sarah Woods “Sangres Sonnet”
- Eve Nagode “River Ice”
Please join me in congratulating the 13 winners of the Sangres Art Guild’s 2016 Calendar Competition (in order of votes earned):
- Sarah Woods “Sangre Sonnet” oil
- Michael Arterburn “In the Shade of Cedars” pastel
- Liz VanSomeren “Flutter and Flora” fabric art
- Eve Nagode “Where’d South Go?” photograph
- Tony Pachak “Last Light” oil
- Curt Gillespie “Early Summer Afternoon” watercolor
- Lorie Batson “Snowbound” oil
- Joan Rauch “Coming in from the Storm” watercolor
- Gerri Duke “Twin Fawns” photograph
- Sharon Conner “Rugged Sunrise” acrylic/mixed media
- Greg Smith “Big Horn Sheep, Canyon” photograph
- Brent Bruser “Immanuel” photograph
- Gary Benson “Moss” photograph
Nearly all entries received votes from the artists who were present to vote (22). There were 34 total artists entered, with a total of 68 submitted artworks. This distribution of original art to photography perfectly represents the distribution of original artists to photographers who entered the show.
Vino Easel is a drink and paint event scheduled at various locations in the area. Artists Jacque Keller and Carol Martinez have been busy sharing art, creativity and fun with folks in the Wet Mountain Valley and beyond. There is absolutely no talent necessary, and participants are asked to “discover their artful selves” with easy step by step instructions. Vino Easel has scheduled events for the remainder of March and April. See the Press Release.
The weather prediction looks very nice for tomorrow, Saturday, March 7 — so entry into the SAG 2016 Calendar Competition is “on” at 3rd Street Gallery, 10 am – 3 pm. From 3 -5 pm we’ll have refreshments and the voting party to choose which 13 artworks will be published in the 2016 SAG Calendar. See you tomorrow!
Sangres Art Guild’s annual Calendar art competition prospectus is here. Entry is March 7, 2015, so get painting! Early entries are acceptable (see the prospectus for details). Artists who enter and are on-site on March 7 will choose the winning entries.
Out theme this year is again pretty open: ”Colorado Magic” and is broad enough to encompass many fine art, photography and sculpture subjects and styles. See the prospectus for full details.
Check this web site on March 6 to see if there are any weather delays!